My journey with Xgen Started in 2019. As I get more involved with Xgen, I feel there are a lot more that could have been added to this great grooming software. Since then, I have created tools to complement, and hopefully to enhance user experience with Xgen. The following showcase these tools:
These are based off Xgen's Core 'Guide' workflow.
- Curves from Mesh Tubes
- Curves from a Center Curve
- Curve Trim from Mesh
- Curve Direction Flip
- Curve CV Rebuild
- Xgen Guide Toggle
- Xgen Multi Description Refresh
- Xgen Guide Distance Check
- Xgen Shader Attribute Remove
- Xgen Global Expression Sort
- Xgen Multi Clump Modifier Bake
- Xgen Guide Cut
- Xgen Hair Isolator / Ptex Viewer
- Xgen Guides to Curves (Multi)
- Xgen Mesh Transfer with Blendshape
Special Thanks to Alex Segal, Vlad Monachov, Jeremy Books, Stephen Midwinter, Luis Cadavid
Curve From Center Curve
- A script that generates curve based on a 'center curve'.
- Select all curves, define curves, create a center curve, and enter a distance. Number of curves will be generated based on the number of defined curves. Distance will be based on the distance entered in % from the center curve to the defined curves.
All Guides On/Off Toggle:
- Toggle all guides in scene at once
Multiple Descriptions Refresh:
- Set auto refresh On or Off to all descriptions, so Xgen does not refresh on every attribute update or time line change.
- Set primitive preview percentage individually or all at once.
Guide Distance Check:
- Check and select Xgen guides if they are within the proximity of distance entered.
- This allows user to check if there are potential overlapping guides.
Custom Shader Parameters Remove:
- In order to remove a custom attribute in Xgen, user will have to type in the 'name' and the attribute 'type', then click on the 'minus' sign. This can get very frustrating if multiple attributes are required to be removed.
Sorting Global Expression:
- If you are using alot of attributes in the global expression tab, this allows sorting of the global expression list alphebetically based on their 'type's (float/color/point/normal/vector)
Multiple Clump Bake:
- This tool allows baking of multiple clumping modifiers all at once
- Sometimes, for many reasons, I find myself with multiple clump modifiers. We all know that to add a guide curve, we will have to go into 'each' clump modifier and save the map to update clumping map.
If you are interested in these tools, please visit for more details:
Please also feel free to contact me at email@example.com